Affiliate disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for products I personally own, use, and recommend. When you make a purchase I may receive a referral commission. Your costs will not be higher when you make a purchase through my links, and your purchase helps support the costs of maintaining Family Rambling. Thank you!
I don’t know about you, but for me camping is one time when I really don’t feel like I have to present myself in a certain way- whether that is as a professional, a wife, or a mom. I can be relaxed and minimal, focused on fun & family.
That said, I’m not an ‘all natural’ kind of gal. I have a few products that are ‘musts’, no matter where I am.
The Minima-List – my necessary beauty products for camping
I tote all my products in this Timeless Beauty Bag. I’ve had it for a few years now and I love it! Big zippered pockets keep everything in place, it rolls up nicely, and one of the handles has a clip, so I can hang it practically anywhere. (For more great camping solutions, visit Pretty Tidy: Clever Solutions for Everyday Life)
As you can see, there isn’t a load of stuff in here. And much of it you probably recognize. So I’ll just work my way down the bag…
CC Cream – this is an absolute MUST. CC stands for color correction, and a good cc cream will even your skin tone while providing sun protection. It’s a perfect glamping product! My favorite is IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50, which I purchase at Ulta.
Toothpaste – this goes without saying, right?
Coconut Oil – I fill a small container before every trip. (Sometimes I will even take the large jar!) I use coconut oil for so many things! It’s my mascara remover, the base for my sunscreen, a moisturizer, a soother for bug bites…
Eyelash Curler – my one vice. I never go anywhere without mascara.
Facial Moisturizer – after dealing with adult acne, I’m very careful about my moisturizer. My dermatologist recommends Vanicream Light Lotion for Sensitive Skin. (I get mine at Walgreens.)
Essential Oils – yep, I’m one of ‘those’ people. I just prefer to not put things in my body if I don’t have to. These are the oils I never leave home without:
- Carrot Seed – I mix a drop of this with my moisturizer and/or coconut oil as a sunscreen.
- Lavender – Soothing. A drop on the pillow at night. I will also rub this on sprains and use it on bug bites.
- Lemon – A nice mix in to water. I also use this in insect repellent.
- Peppermint – Again, a refreshing addition to water on a hot day. I also use this in insect repellent.
- Lemongrass – Used on bad sprains or an injury that may bruise; in conjunction with lavender, peppermint, and copaiba.
- Purification – I diffuse this in our RV to get rid of nasty odors (think old campfire, wet bathing suits, or sweaty clothes).
- Thieves – We use this mainly as an anti-bacterial for cleaning or in place of hand sanitizer.
- Copaiba – I use this on injuries that may cause bruising.
A note on essential oils. I only share how I use oils, and offer no claims of treatment or guarantees of miracles. This is what works for my family. Click this link to learn more about Young Living Essential Oils.
Mascara – as I said… I never go anywhere without it. I have yet to find a mascara that inspires my allegiance.
Toothbrush – because… obviously.
Bobby pins – to keep my hair back if I’m not wearing a hat.
Shampoo & Conditioner – placed into travel size bottles
Facial Cleansing Wipes – easier than soap & water and just as effective. These are the CVS brand, but there are so many to choose from.
What’s on your Minima-List when camping?