Weather happens. The 5 things you MUST have for camping in the rain.
Camping & RVing Tips You Can Really Use
- Remember that popular weekends and holidays can book up to a year in advance. Book early for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day or any community festival
- Many state and county parks require a minimum of 2 days advance reservation
- Air mattress & air pump or “egg carton” mattress pad
- Lots of blankets or sleeping bags
- A fan (if you have electricity available)
- Spare clothing and long sleeve shirts, jeans, and socks for hiking through the woods
- Rubbermaid-type totes to pack clothing & food in
- Baby wipes (these are the best. thing. ever.)
Other helpful articles:
- Packing tips for an active vacation
- Summer camp packing tips
- Preparing your family for an active vacation
- 5 tips for the camping newbie
- Space bags are great for camping.
- Camping checklist on About.com
- Contact your local, county or state parks. For more distant locations book campsites with Camping.com or Reserve America
RV Ownership Tips
We use a management company to rent our motorhome during our off season. Is it right for you?
Not all driving apps are created equally- and not all are good for RVs! We use the CoPilot RV app – see why!