It’s kind of funny… You can put me on a plane and plop me down practically anywhere…
London? No worries.
Dublin? Piece of cake.
Boston? We relocated there with nary a worry.
San Francisco? No problem.
But New York City? I’m nervous, worried, and overwhelmed. I really don’t know why. I know how to ride a subway and read the map (London, Boston); I’ve flown into huge airports (Heathrow, Atlanta); I’ve wandered through “destination” cities without a care (San Francisco, Dublin).
So here’s what I’ve got going on… I’m attending the TBEX (Travel Blog Exchange) conference in 2 weeks. I fly in and out of Newark. I have Friday afternoon and most of Monday free.
So here’s what I need:
- What is the easiest way to get to Midtown Manhattan from Newark?
- What must I see in NYC? (I believe I will have a New York City pass courtesy of the conference and New York City)
- What is over-rated and skippable?
- Restaurant recommendations?
- Your best tips for the city.