Thanks to WHO TV 13 in Des Moines for letting me share some of my travel tips and tricks!
Of course, not all of my spring break recommendations, handy sites and tips made it onto the broadcast.
Helpful Travel Tips and Links
Though the broadcast portion on TV tonight was only 4 minutes long, we filmed for nearly 3 hours. Below are the tips I shared, some which
made it into the segment, others which landed on the digital cutting room floor. I hope the tips below will help you to plan your family’s travels and inspire you to get out an explore- both locally and across the US!
- Should you drive or fly? Here’s how we decide if Flying or Driving is More Economical.
- Flying with the kids? Here’s our Pre-Flight Checklist.
- Is that airfare in Kansas City or Chicago worth the drive? Here’s how we decideShould You Drive to a Cheaper Airfare.
- Wondering how your family will like that attraction or hotel? MiniTime, a review site for families, has the answer.
- Check Groupon Getaways for travel deals. Also… check the Groupon site for your destination. It’s likely you’ll find dining, activity and hotel deals!
- Trip in the planning stages? Set up a Fare Alert at Airfare Watchdog to watch for price drops on specific routes.
- Use Kayak to search for Flight Prices and airfare price predictions.
- Set a Google Alert to watch for vacation deals. be sure to put your key words in quotation marks, like “Orlando Deals” or “Disney Vacation Deals”.
- Bing Travel has a flight search and price predictor. It’s worth it to compare with Kayak.
- TravelZoo lists travel deals across the world. Sign up for their Top 20 weekly deals email.
- 6 fun spring break getaways.
- Drivable Midwest Destinations.
Again, thank you for stopping by. I hope you will return again for travel tips and family travel inspiration! I’m always happy to answer any questions- please leave a comment or email me directly!