- Fairy Door Trail in Dublin, Ohio | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 40
The fairy door trail in downtown Dublin, Ohio is a whimsical adventure for all ages. PLUS an ‘adults only' trail and tips for visiting from Sara Blatnik, Marketing Director for Visit Dublin, Ohio.
- Austin Area Arts | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 39
Austin, Minnesota has a really incredible story of how revitalization formed the base of public art in the community.
Guest Laura Helle is Executive Director of Austin Area Arts. She shares information about the arts in Austin as well as Austin MN travel tips
- Fund for the Arts Louisville, Kentucky | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 38
The city of Louisville, Kentucky has one of the most encompassing community arts programs you will find in the Midwest.
Explore all Louisville has to offer and get Louisville travel tips with Andre Guess, President and CEO of Fund for the Arts.
- Public Art in Wichita, Kansas | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 37
The Wichita City Arts Council's slogan is “We Make Art Happen”.
Guest Alisha Gridley, Education Director and Interim Executive Director of CityArts, guides us through public art and CityArts, and offers top tips for a visit to Wichita.
- NoCo Arts & Cultural District in Jeffersonville, IN | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 36
NoCo Arts & Cultural District in Jeffersonville, IN has been specifically planned, zoned & set aside for the arts and art businesses.
Learn more about this fun area and get tips for visiting from Emily Dippie, the Public Arts Administrator for Jeffersonville.
- Heritage Travel – How to Plan Your Ancestry Tour | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 35
Last Updated on April 21, 2022 by Jody Halsted After you've found your ancestors and traced them back to your ‘homeland' it's natural you will want to visit. Today we're going to talk about a few things you should do before taking a heritage tour. Allison Singleton is Senior Librarian at The Genealogy Center and…
- Tips for Tracing Your Ancestors in the Midwest | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 34
No matter where in the US you call home it's likely that your ancestors passed through the Midwest to get there. Guest Allison Singleton, Senior Librarian, Virtual Programming Coordinator, and Acting Genealogy Services Manager in the Genealogy Center at the Allen County Public Library shares Midwest genealogy tips for tracing your family's migration to and through the Midwest.
- The Genealogy Center | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 33
The Genealogy Center in Fort Wayne, Indiana is the 2nd largest family research collection in North America. Genealogy tips for beginners.
- Fall Getaway Spotlight: Allerton Park | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 32
Last Updated on February 9, 2022 by Jody Halsted This month on the podcast we are preparing for the most colorful time of the year – and the places to visit to make the most of prime ‘leaf peeping'. Today we are traveling to central Illinois where elegant gardens and extensive woodlands invite you to discover the treasures within before you…
- Fall Getaway Spotlight: Anaway Place | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 31
In the Driftless Region of southwest Wisconsin the unique cabins at Anaway Place offer an incredible fall escape.
- Fall Getaway Spotlight: The Mohicans | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 30
Escape to an Ohio treehouse this fall! Get back in nature at The Mohicans Treehouse Resort and Wedding Venue.
- The Cranberry Highway in Wisconsin | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 29
Discover Wisconsin's #1 fruit! Explore the Cranberry Highway in Wisconsin with Meredith Kleker, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Rapids Area CVB.
- The Butler County Donut Trail | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 28
You won't find any chain shops on the Butler County Donut Trail in Ohio! Tips for tackling this sweet food trail!
- The B-Line in Northern Kentucky | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 27
data-pin-description=”The B-Line in Kentucky – where B means bourbon. Learn more about bourbon, the ‘sipping points' along the trail & activities in Northern Kentucky with guest Julie Kirkpatrick, creator of ‘the B-Line', and president of Meet NKY.”
- Kansas City Kansas Taco Trail | Exploring the Midwest Podcast Episode 26
There are over 50 establishments on the Kansas City Kansas Taco Trail – and they aren't all traditional restaurants! Kansas City Kansas tips