Last Updated on April 7, 2010 by Jody Halsted
I am a big fan of Janine King bags. The first bag I bought from her was for my 17″ laptop. It is stylish (read: not utilitarian black) and very well made. Since then I've bought her bags for myself, as gifts and as donations for charity auctions (where they are always popular).
Last January, as I was preparing for the Blissdom conference I contacted Janine and commissioned her to create a sleeve for my new netbook. It was the first netbook sleeve she made- but not the last! Janine now has a full line of netbook cases– including her newest bag:
Specs: * Fits mini laptops with 8.9″ and 10″ screens measuring up to 10.5″ x 7.5″ x 1.5″ or a DSLR camera, lenses and accessories- and look good doing it!
* Bag measures approx 9” x 9” x 5”
* Protective inner core is thick foam padding that's shock absorbent, anti-static and water resistant.
* 360 padded protection including pockets and flap.
* Bag bottom and corners are triple padded
* 2 large padded pockets and one pen pocket
* Detachable shoulder strap has pad for grip and comfort and adjusts up to 52”.
* Flap adjusts to accommodate your cargo with super secure VELCRO® closure.
* Industrial twill exterior and lining is non-scratching and water repellent.
* All stress points are triple stitched and reinforced for durability.
Isn't it great? I absolutely adore it.
Do you like? Want to win one? Yep, I have the twin sister of that bag just waiting to be given away. And while it may be a netbook/ camera tote it is the perfect size to be a travel tote, a roomy purse or a small diaper bag. More info on how to win in just a minute.
On February 4 Janine King will open her new Artfire store. The opening of her store coincides with the Blissdom conference in Nashville. From February 5 thru 11 you can save 15% off your entire order at janinekingdesigns.artfire.com. Whatever you want- laptop totes and sleeves, Kindle cases, Fronce totes, the Gypsy Fringe bag, and more- save 15%with the code “BLISS”.
Contest is closed!
And now for the contest! One lucky winner will get a netbook/camera tote in Carnival (pictured above).
To enter simply leave a comment telling me what your favorite Janine King bag is.
Want extra entries?
- Subscribe to Family Rambling- and leave a comment letting me know!
- Tweet this giveaway- and leave the Twitter link in the comments.
- Share this giveaway on Facebook- leave a link to your post in the comments.
- Blog about this giveaway- don't forget to leave a comment linking back to your post!
- And a special way for all the ladies at Blissdom to enter:
Paula, Kara and I will be carrying our Janine King bags during the conference. Just find us (we're the ones with the great bags!), ask to see our bags (because they really are terrific), and give us one of your business cards for 5 extra entries! Just so you know who we are:
Or you may see me with these:
Just come up, introduce yourself and say, “Show me your bag!”
The important info:
Contest runs February 4-11, 2001. Contest is open to anyone with an email address.
Winner will be chosen using random.org. Winner will be contacted via email or Twitter and will have 3 days to respond. If the winner does not respond within 3 days another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I have been a client of Janine King Designs for over 3 years. The netbook bag was sent to me for review.
Contest winner is:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2010-02-12 15:59:17 UTC
My favorite bag the one you show in the picture but with different fabric. The description is this:
Funky and fabulous mod dots pattern. Trendy palette includes bubblegum pink, hot pink, chartreuse, white and black. Colors pop! Bag body and strap are black.